NAIL CARE: Depend gellack

Hello everybody! Today I will be sharing with you a few tips and products that help me make my nails look presentable and taken care of.



First lets say a word or two about my nails.. well one will be enough and that is horrible :)
I have always had problems with my nails since I can remember, they have been a slight pain  for me. I could never grow my nails long, because they would chip and split and break instantly. They were always very soft and weak and i couldn't do anything with them.. then, somewhere in the end of highschool i had decited to try out gel nails. My prom was coming up, and I wanted to have long nails for once in my life... instant love happened :)
I have continued to get my nails done every month for quite a while afterwards, but that was a big splurge for me to pay 40 euros every single month just for my nails. So the love affair ended :(
 A couple of years back a new trend started .. gel lack, gel polish or however you want to call it. And what was even better, you could buy your UV lamp and do it yourself, at home .. so simple to apply, like a regular polish, but you have to cure it under an UV light, it doesnt dry on its own. Later on some companies started selling beginner kits, with UV lamp, and gel polishes included. So I bought Depend gellack starter kit. 

The main reason a wanted to start using gel lack is not only the longevity of the polish, but the fact that your nails are much more strong and thick, and therefore they can be grow longer. 

Ok, so when I start doing my manicure, the first thing i do is take care of my cuticles. I use a finger nail skin remover by Afrodita. You apply the gel to the cuticles, leave it on for 2 minutes and gently push the cuticle back with an orange stick. Then you rinse your hands under water and brush the nails. 


After that i clean my nails with gellack before and after cleanser to remove any oils and impurities from my nails, so I can start applying gel lack.( I use a paper tissue instead of cotton wool balls or pads, because usually little cotton parts stay on the nails and can mess up the hole manicure.)




I apply base coat, then two coats of colored gel lack , and a top coat at the end. So there are four coats in total and you have to cure every one of them for 30 seconds under an UV lamp.


I wanted something more naturall on my nails this time so ended up choosing a gel polish by IBD in the color Naturally Beautifull, since i don't own any neutral colored polishes by Depend.


I have recently purchased a new nail polish from Catrice, they have launched a limited edition called Metallure. (There will also be a new post on that collection). It is a very pretty gold color, which I thought would be great for an accent nail so I decited to top it off with that. It would look even better with a brighter pink color, but this is not so bad as well. The name of this one is CO4 metallicious.


At the end I always use somesort of cuticle oil, and right now I am using the one by ORLY. The packaging can be deceiving, it looks quite small, but a very little amount of product goes a long way, so I've been having this one for quite a while now. It nourishes the skin and makes it look so much better and healthier.


And that would be pretty much it. I try to use the cuticle oil as much as possible on other days as well, or at least a hand cream, to protect my hands and nails.


The products mentioned in this blog:
-Afrodita aroma gel cuticle remover - 4,13 eur, check here
-Depend  gellack start kit - 43.95 eur, here
-IBD gel polish in Natiurally beautifull - 15,99 eur, here
-Catrice limited edition nail polish in Metallicious - 2,59 eur, here
-Orly smart gels cuticle oil - 7,99 eur, here


No comments :

Post a Comment