EVERYDAY MAKEUP ROUTINE

As much as I love makeup, and could easily spend half a day putting it on and experimenting with products, the reality is that my everyday routine is pretty simple and basic. It's all about quick and easy, especially now that I have a little baby boy. Here are the products I mainly use and a little step by step picture tutorial as well.
STEP ONE: PRIMER
I use moisturiser every morning, but most of the times I do my  makeup later on in the day. Thats why i like to apply some sort of primer, to prep my skin, and to make the application of the foundation easier and more even. I've been using the l'oreal lumi magique primer. It gives a subtile glow to the skin and feels really soft and silky. 
STEP TWO: FOUNDATION
My skin is quite clear, so I don't feel the need to be using a full on foundation on a daily basis, thats why I opt for a lighter coverage base. At the moment I swear by Bourjois cc cream. It evens out my skintone, and feels really light on the skin. I dab it all over my face and use a makeup sponge to blend it in. Mine is in the colour 32 light beige.
STEP THREE: BRONZER
For adding a bit of definition to my face I use a bronzer on the areas I would usually contour. On my cheekbones, forehead and jawline. It warms up the complexion, and ads a bit of colour too. I switch up between products all the time, but here I'm using the chanel les beiges healthy glow sheer colour in N 50.
STEP FOUR: BROWS
This is probably the most essential part of my routine. It's the part I love doing the most, and makes the biggest difference in my opinion. My brows are quite un even and sparse in some areas (although it is much better now than what it used to be) due to over plucking in my younger years, and if anything takes time to grow - it's brows - at least in the areas it should. So I fill them in for a fuller and more even look. I use an eyebrow pencil by Annemarie Börlind, and because the texture of it is pretty soft and creamy I apply it with an angled brush. After that I use a brow gel by Catrice, so they stay in place.
STEP FIVE: EYES
I curl my lashes with a curler, then most of the days just coat them with mascara. Here I'm using a Makeup factory - dream eyes mascara. 
If I have an extra minute or two I apply a bit of eyeshadow as well. From a L'oreal color riche les ombres eyeshadow quad I used number 2 on my lids and 3 on my crease.
STEP SIX: LIPS
If I was going somewhere i would put on some lipstick and a lip liner, otherwise I just apply a bit of lip balm, or in this case a lip perfector by Clarins.
And that is it for my makeup on most days. 
FINAL LOOK:
PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THIS POST:
-L'oreal lumi magique primer
-Bourjois cc cream (32 light beige)
-Chanel les beiges healthy glow sheer colour (n'50)
-Annemarie Börlind eyebrow crayon (light stone)
-Catrice eyebrow filler - perfecting and shaping gel
-Makeup factory mascara (dream eyes)
-Clarins instant light natural lip perfector (01)


No comments :

Post a Comment